This is what Lonely Planet has to say about Puerto Iguazu.. the small town near the falls:
Little Puerto Iguazú sits at the confluence of the Ríos Paraná and Iguazú and looks across to Brazil and Paraguay. It doesn’t really feel like Argentina
any more. There’s no center and little feeling of community – everyone
is here to see the falls or to make a buck out of them. Still, it’s
quiet, safe, has good transport connections, and has many excellent
places to stay and eat.
Sounds very exciting.. trouble is the hostel is rather remote and isolated. I get the feeling that I´ll have to take a taxi into town if I wanted to see anything and is there anything to see?? I am looking forward to the falls, but a bit sad that I didn´t plan this part of the trip in advance. I need a visa to go to the Brazil side of the falls and yesterdays trip to the Brazillian embassy prooved it to be quite a hassle.. fill out this form, make an appointment, bring in photocopies of your bank info as well as credit cards, bring a passport photo and pay $70.. just to go to some falls for 2 hrs.. Admitedly, its apparently the best part of the falls. It did seem like a lot of effort. Shame they don´t make a day pass for people who want to see it. I mean what are you likely to do.. jump off the boat and run away into the Brazilian jungle?? They would even make more money and secure good fellowship with travellers. Boo.
I´m hungry.. oh right.. there´s nowhere for me to go.
PS. If you are reading my blog.. please leave me a comment. I feel a wee bit lonley today.
4 comments:
I'm reading, although I just started to take a look because grandma called me yesterday and asked if I was reading your blog. Sorry - I haven't been online much but I'll check in more often.
I hope the trip is going well. I'll look forward to reading all of your blogs to see how the trip has been going so far. Sounds exciting!
Congratulations on getting your photos for sale in olds - next - The Alberta Art Gallery (a.k.a. old Edmonton Art Gallery)
Love,
Catherine
i'm here! love from afar. x0x
Thanks you both. xx
jilly i'm all over it! i've been following on fb, but it occurred to me to look here today! it's amazing to see how differently argentina is travelled sans my dad;) we had an amazing time and noticed many of the same things.. i LOVED mate, found BA dirty and a clusterf*@k, and detested the lack of alleys - hence the garbage on the street for the majority of the week. the highlight was iguazu for sure. i enjoyed the town as well. we stayed at piriju.
Post a Comment