I took a long 16 hr bus trip to Iguazu in the north of Argentina on the Brazil border. Tomorrow I will tour the Iguazu National Park and Falls.I found my tour itinerary on line
Tour of Iguazu Falls: Argentine Side
After
breakfast you will depart on a full day excursion to the Argentine side
of the Iguazu Falls where you will have intimate views of this
unforgettable section of the Iguazu River. Lower and upper walkways
permit up close and personal experiences with this magnificent spectacle
of nature. Trails through the 210 square mile reserve provide visitors
with various views of the Falls, especially the largest one, Devil's
Throat. The ecological train ride is included in the tour with an option
to add the Safari Nautico boat trip . The
Iguazu boat trips takes you right up to the base of the Falls. This
exciting excursion is highly recommended in order to experience the true
power of Iguazu Falls. ( Please be aware- on the boat trip there is a
100% chance that you will get wet...the Falls provide a refreshing
“natural shower”. Be sure to take some extra clothes if you want to do
this excursion). Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
The buses in Argentina are totally comfortable for a 14 hr trip. It was amazing. If we had buses like this in Canada I would take the bus instead of fly. The bus was a double decker and had fully 180 reclining seats with a foot rest´, pillow and blanket so basically, it was a giant comfy bed. A personal TV played movies in English. Someone came along and attached a tray to my seat and brought me roast beef with gracy and rice, with salad and bread for dinner. When I woke up the same person brought me coffee, bread and croissants with jam. I am actually looking forward to going back to Buenos Aires because of this.
So I arrived in Puerto Iguazu and am at my hostel that was included in the price of the tour for 2 nights. Tonight there is an all yuou can eat BBQ and samba dance show. Since the hostel seems to be quite isolated.. I guess it´s a good option for dinner and was $15 dollars. I packed only a change of clothes and my toothbrush so I hope it´s a comfortable stay. I left everything else (including my Ipad) back in Buenos Aires at the hostel in storage.
I´m looking forward to tomorrow..
1 comment:
Wow - totally fab bus trip. Were the roads in as good shape as the bus itself. I remeberr taking a bus through mountainous regions in Morocco and praying that I would make it to the destination in one piece.
Once the bus stopped in Marrakesh and a large group of men were standing around the wheels of the bus looking at something. A guy had a handful of nuts and bolts in his hand. I was looking out of the window at all of this - he looked at the nuts and bolts, looked at the wheels, shrugged his shoulders and the bus took off into the mountains.
I often read about bus and truck accidents overseas and think about the number of bus trips in Morocco where it felt perilously dangerous with buses passing on one lane roads with cliff falling off to one side.
With that my dear, wishing you safe travels.
Post a Comment