Due date: 10 April 2010
I was supposed to go to East is East on Broadway to meet up with a friend but instead I went to East is East on Main St. Bugger. One new year resolution is to have a bigger group of friends and one that resides outside of work. I've been in a terrible rut of having my social life filled in by work and then not really maintaining any friendships outside of it. Tres bad. So, I had an invite today to meet with a friend and her friends and well.. how can you say no. But I got lost along the way and ended up at Locus on main St for breaky.
I phoned a dear friend of mine and we met up at Granville Island, one of my favorite places to be in the whole of Vancouver. A foodie wonderland. She introduced me to a girl who's right eye is blotched with brown, like mine. (my eyes are blue except for a brown splotch in one). If you have one, you often immediately spot one. I've met only a handful of people who share the characteristic. We thought maybe we should start a facebook group in hopes we'd find more people and then have a conference about recessive eye color genes and their fight to represent.
Sonia and I went downtown and 2 fortuitous events occurred.
1- I found a sweater I really wanted in Red Deer but that Gap didn't have my size. I found it in the Gap in Vancouver!
2- I left my phone behind in a bathroom. Not sure if this is fortuitous or not. But it's an event. Bugger.
So, my day started with one friend and ended with another. Thank god I'm up and about and not pining over gorgeous older men.
Sorry, I know its probably dreadfully boring, but Iam challenging myself to eat better and leave my hair alone..If I write it down publically everyday, I'm less likely to mess up. Especially with the trich. Come on root for me.
Lunch:
3 eggs scrambled
roasted potatoes
fruit- watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, orange
2 cups coffee
2 glasses water
Dinner:
Large salad- greens, carrots, beets, almonds, sunflower seeds, cucumber dressed with oil/ vinegar
2 glasses of water
2 cups of tea
trich- 0 minutes
3 comments:
Terrific menu and a really great way to start 2010. - hope yu got your phone back after the person who found it phoned Alberta to track you down.
rooting (for you!)
Cheers, a certain jane
It was a great afternoon : )
oxo
Post a Comment