The Telmo Tango Hostel is nice.. don´t get me wrong.. it´s lovely at first glance. It´s all art nouveau and skeleton keys, begonias and robin egg blue. The hot hot showers and available internet are great. Location is super..but..
The beds are lumpy, the sheets are thin and I´m not sure where the bug bite on my ankle came from. The tiny single frame bunk bed is rickity..the lighting is dim and although the room has a pretty window with a begonia planter, the room is a bit dismal really. I´m moving down the street to a hostel I look at initally and passed up.
Ayers Portenos Hostel -I looked at the rooms and the mattresses and crisp white sheets are enough for me to switch. I´m going to take a dorm room as well. Better for my hair. Better for me.
I´m going to use the money I save to rent a bike so I can peruse the streets of Buenos Airies for photos easier. how bad could La Boca be, which is a great neighborhood for photos but has a bad part of town reputation be when you are on a bike??
Update:
2 girls walking oyt of the hostel said it was horrible and noisy. So I went for a walk to find another and finding the places booked. Le sigh.. it might be good to reserve what I have and bear it as it´s safe and relatively quiet.
Stumbled up on a bike tour company.. I have a bike trip to La Boca.. they advised me to not ride there alone as its too dangerous. People have been stopped on their bikes and robbed. I didn´t think of that concept when I was riding around the 9th ward in New Orleans.
BA reminds me of New Orleans and New York rolled into one. Tall buildings, narrow one was streets and when it rains its muggy like hell.
1 comment:
"I´m going to take a dorm room as well. Better for my hair. Better for me."
How is a dorm room better for your hair? is it better to be around people at night?
Miss you!
xoxoxox
cw
Post a Comment