Sunday, July 24, 2011

´Day 2: "We´re quiet, no worry."

That´s what the hostel said in our email exchange when I booked. That´s not been my experience though. the front desk is run by a muscle bound guy who sports tank tops and health shakes. He blasts american rock from the 70´s. The hostel is plaster walls and 20 foot ceilings and there is a mad echo in here.

Last night, a bunch of travelers were congreated in the kitchen area which also happens to be the courtyard my tiny room overlooks so from midnight until 2 I was awake. My room is tiny and dim. The bed is lumpy, the sheets are thin and I wondered if there was bed bugs. Breakfast is slim with coffee, cereal and grim looking pastries and I´m trying to stay away from good looking pastries.

It´s otherwise a lovely place with art nouveau details, a beautiful patio and well located.. but there are many more hostels.. so I may look around. I am definitly going to Tigre and I found a bike tour company that I can take day trips with, even to Tigre.. but I haven´t decided if I´ll stay.

It was silly of me to bring my Ipad. It wont pick up a weak wireless signal and is an expensive item to loose. It´s fine for reading at night but not much else. I packed too many Tshirts and light cardigans but I may need a jacket. Its like a cool fall day here. I did pack a rain coat in case it rains.. but my feet will get wet..

You never really know what you´ll find until you get there.

Im off to explore the street markets of San Telmo today.

1 comment:

catherine Wilde said...

Voila - I made it! One commnet for every one of your posts. Sounds like an incredible trip. Too many people, too much density and chaos for my liking.

Enjoy the experience. You're an inspiration!!

Love Catherine