Today she went to the vet and we described the scenarios. She's gotten into the yarn or she has a hairball. An x-ray would tell us the story and we'd walk away with a special kitty food. I think we both felt sick when we saw the cloudy mass. The vet pointed it out. It was pushing on her lung and it wasn't a hair ball. It's a tumor. He said the C word. She's lost weight. About a pound in the last year. Now and ultrasound and a biopsy is needed. Maybe surgery. Maybe it can stay. Maybe it's begnign and maybe it's going to get worse. She went in to have her rabies shots updated and he said not to bother until we knew more.
We're both a bit sad here at Casa Yewell- Trainor. It's costly. It's sad. We're fond of our feline companion. We've been a trio for nearly 8 years. She has character and spunk. She curls up with you and put one paw up when she wants to have a petting. She hangs out with you and just wants to be in charge. Don't pick her up. Let her do her thing. Don't put her in a box to take her someplace.. just let her sit in your lap and she's fine.. She just wants to be in charge.. and while she's been minding her own business.. her little body is having an act of rebellion. We're going to cross each bridge as we come to it and make the best decisions we can and be there for Ruby as much as we can.




3 comments:
I am sorry to hear that Ruby has cancer. Very sad. I hope she is not in pain.
so sorry, jill. i'll be hoping for her (and you guys).
x0x
She was such a happy, confident cat when I was there. My pet guinea pig died last week, and I faced the same medical / financial decisions. Surgery was an option, but she was very old and sick, so I cheaped out. Vet had a look inside and said it was a hopeless case anyway: ovarian cysts and tumors all over the place.
It's tough to decide how much cash to put into an ailing pet. Especially when she is young and strong otherwise... $600 was kinda what I was thinking for Penny, if I thought it would do any good. I hope you make the decision you can look back on without regret!
Post a Comment