It was an epic 27 hr journey home. 4 flights, very little sleep and a sinus and chest infection as unwelcome luggage.
9 nose bleeds, 1 free breakfast and I finally landed in Vancouver.
2 days off from work to sleep, a prescription to an anti-biotic to stem off the infection in my sinuses, ears, lungs and throat ( I think it was the moldy hostel in Iguazu that did it) and I'm almost ready to believe I went anywhere to begin with. I'll have to reread my posts. Pictures will be up shortly.
I miss Buenos Aires. I miss Hostel Telmo Tango and the checkerboard floor.
I miss Peso's and Fruterias and the many street markets
I miss seeing people drink mate and I miss the traffic and amazing street grafitti
Most of all, I miss walking outside and being floored with ornate art nouveau balconies.
2 comments:
welcome home - glad you are back on this side of the equator
yessss, the balconies! i remember those vividly.
i hope you brought some mate with you. i've purchased it locally and it's not the same:(
Post a Comment