Monday, October 25, 2010

thinking ahead for spring

Mourning the loss of the mythical apron dress..I've been looking at linen dresses on Etsy. I don't usually go in for muying clothes off the internet because you can't really tell if they'll suit you or fit you but I'm chancing my luck on 2 relatively inexpensive and gorgeous linen pieces to mend my apron dress broken heart.

Dress 1 is called Cheste Pleated and has 2 side pockets and a funky hemline. 1 size fits all- sounds good. It's clever and pretty and color choices of apricot, purple, silver or grass (pictured). I opted for silver because grey is my favorite color. I figure it'll be good if I go back to Cuba.

Dress #2 is a long shirt dress with shoulder pleats. I'm not crazy about the pale blue color so I figure it's light enough to dye a darker shade if I want to.

Both are organic linen, handmade, from this seller..NewExtrave. The total for the 2 + shipping was less than $150. I figure I'd get as much use as the long lost apron dress.. at least. I'm sure they'll fit.


2 comments:

M said...

very cool dresses - love both, but isn't shopping on the net the ultimate in convenience!

sonia Sangha said...

I love the green dress! Great shape.