Sunday, July 11, 2010

scoot

I had an offer for a car allowance at work. It set me off on visits to car dealerships and test drives and alot of stress. Do I buy a car? Do I lease a car? Do I finance a car? Why do I want a car? What do I need a car for?

Maintenance..Insurance..Gas..stress..stress..stress..

No. I don't want a car. I don't want to own a car and get parking permits and insurance and gas and pay for all kinds of things just so I can have the luxury of *maybe* driving somewhere like Seattle. Otherwise, you drive around with alot of space around you.I have the Vancouver Car Co-Op for my car needs.

But.. I did want some more freedom than my bike. I wanted to be able to go places and take photos. I wanted to be able to pick up some groceries. I wanted to be able to zip around the city a bit easier than transit and my bike..

I remembered when I was 13 and the neighbour had a silver one and I thought it looked so cool. Then the Mods in high school had old Lambretta's and they were the cat's meow..I think I've always kind of wanted one, and I figured I could afford one..so I decided to buy a Vespa. Tomorrow, I pick it up. It's black. I got a deal on it. Yes, Catherine- I will add a reflective vest to my accessories for night time rain riding. Don't worry.. I'll be safe. I'm excited.

1 comment:

M said...

congratulations - your 2nd set of wheels -looks very sleek. I may have to come out just to have a spin.