I watched Julie & Julia tonight. It was good and I enjoyed it. But I enjoyed it less for the entertainment of it and more for the parallel I felt towards it. Julia Child was 37 and hadn't found a career and didn't know what to do with herself. Ok, she was also married, had come from a family with money and was living in Paris with her diplomat husband.
The fact is she was unfocused and untrained at 37. Much like me.
Julie was in a dead end secretarial job, living with her husband and a cat when she started a blog on cooking her way through Julia Child's - Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Inadvertantly rescuing her from a drowning feeling and inertia of going nowhere.
I live with my boyfriend and a cat and have a sinking feeling in my stomach that if I don't do something about my sinking feeling it might get worse.
I don't think I'm going to cook my way through a book or run off to Paris, but I sure which I knew what was going to do.
2 comments:
10-4 good buddy. i read you louuuud and clear:)
Add a kid and living in London to that and I am with you!
Post a Comment