Monday, November 9, 2009

NaBloPoMo #9

Whenever, I've been in Havana, the Prado on Saturdays is an absolute must. It's a "10-block-long, marble-balustraded, terrazzo-floored, shaded promenade with built in sit-walls that cascade down the central boulevard of Old Havana"* (I couldn't say it any better).

It has traffic on either side and a long boulevard for pedestrians. On Saturdays, local artists display their crafts or artwork. One of my last days in Havana, I met a young photographer named Brayan who really accomplished some amazing feats of photography- had a show in Havana that collaborated with a US photographer, was able to get large scale prints etc..

He continues to amaze me with his images and that he is able to get them online and email them to me. Today I got a link of a variety of images.. please go look. They're stunning, original and evoke the true beauty and grit of a city like Havana.

Here's the link to Brayan's images...

*quote from here (Check out the list of top 60 public spaces as well)

No comments: