It's been a year and a bit and I kind of forgot about my list of 100 things to do before I die. Reading over it again, it seems a bit wacky. There are some things that I'm all like wha?? Like for example:
# 3- ride a giraffe. Not likely, Jill.
#27- Bungee Jump- it looks good on a list of 100 things to do before you die but truth be told, I'm more likely to have my fingernails pulled out than jump off a bridge with a giant elastic band tied to my ankles.
How bout #52- dig up a time capsule- unless someone tells me where one's hidden or I plant my own, this kind of seems a bit unobtainable. Do you know where there's a time capsule I could dig up?
#79- Stop getting tattooed? Why would I put that on the list? It seems so unlikely to say no never again.
And #91- "This Bud's for You"? I think I may have managed to complete #58 without knowing it- make my own cheese.
But some things have, surprisingly, been completed.
#6- have a public exhibit of my photos. Not exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that, but I did rig up a laundry line and hang my photos on day on the street. I sold $30 worth of cards I'd made.
#16- Pay Someones rent for the month- I have paid my boyfriend's rent at least once. He's paid mine too. Works out well.
#17- Give someone a job- I hired a lovely girl named Jill. Seriously.
#24- Spend the night in the Chelsea Hotel- Spent 2 nights. Dreams don't come cheap at $300 US/night but it was glorious and magnificent and I don't regret one second of it. It was magical. I had a balcony apartment. I pretended I "lived" there for 48 hrs.
#30- Swim with Sharks- I'll change this to dolphins- so much gentler and less scary and check- done. (why do I want to scare myself needlessly to make my list more interesting??)
#45- Inspire someone- rumor has it this has happened.
#54- Visit Cuba before its too late- meaning before they announce Fidel is dead and open the floodgates of US travelers. It's never too late to visit Cuba. I've been there twice now for a total of 4 weeks. Amazing.
#57- See a ghost- well not exactly but I have seen something fly off a shelf unprovoked.
#80- Find the perfect pair of jeans- Levi 501, W33 L32, European cut- found the pair- and they're perfect. Will I find them again? Maybe not.
So.. one of these weekends I'll attempt #37 and not say a word and I better get crackin on #74- make all my Christmas Gifts.
1 comment:
Impressive list of accomplishments so far - and still have 60-70 years or so to go.
Post a Comment