my emotions run thick and dry
through coulee on a hot summer day
the river of my feelings tear through it
carving patterns, an unpaved highway
rips the green carpet countryside
slow shards of grass cut the birds that land
my affections and agitations collide
the past and the future intersect
crash head first into one another
scorched by the sun and shipwrecked
my heart floats the blue clear water crawl
bursting through past lovers and pain
to the change of the waterfall
I spilled alot of stuff tonight. All my pains, all my wants, all my desires, all the conflicts of my heart. All the past that shapes me and confuses me now. All of it. It all collided with the future. One door is shut and I broke open the door to my gilded cage. I'm standing at the doorway of something changing but I don't know what.
No comments:
Post a Comment