Monday, July 27, 2009

liquidating

I've been on a bit of a health thing since I came back from Cuba in May. Maybe it was the rum? maybe it was hauling around the extra poundage in the tropical heat. It's possible that the swim in the dolphin pool and the resulting heftiness forever memoralized in video pushed me over the edge?

I killed all flours, sugar and dairy from my diet on May 15. Now, that's not to say I haven't cheated. I've sneaked bits and pieces of all the foods i swore off. There was that trip to Mennonite country and the land of perogies and cream sauce that was, come on do you blame me- unavoidable.

But, I've kicked it up a notch and I've started a 3 day (nice and moderate) juice cleanse. There is a sink full of organic carrots, broccoli, beets, radish, celery, parsley, kale and cabbage waiting to be drunk.

I have a big old glass of fresh juice for breakfast, tomato cocktail for lunch, fresh veggie juice for dinner and a glass of prune juice for dessert. Yum.

2 comments:

M said...

Ssounds super dedicated - I will try to have only fresh fruits and veggies and a little fish when you come on Thursday.

sonia said...

good for you jill - you are very inspiring!

you look fantastic these days - beautiful and glowing.

oxo.