Saturday, May 9, 2009

ready to come home

I've been in Cuba for 14 days. I am now tanned and my feet no longer hurt. I have almost gotten used to the near constant and immediate condensation upon my flesh the minute I drink water and the way sweat pools into any available crevice.

I am bringing home:

20 Cuban movie posters
439 photos
2 jars of Cuban honey
2 bottles of 3yr old Havana club
1kg Serrano brand coffee
2x 454g Cubanita brand coffee
a handful of necklaces from Manzanillo seeds and a crotcheted shawl.

I have:

Been shit faced drunk 4 times
had dinner in 2 illegal restaurants and one private home
been sunburned on a remote beach
taken 2 collectivo taxis and 4 bici- taxis and a horse drawn carriage
woke up with a cockroach in bed
taken 2 bus trips and a flight
had 0 wedding invitations
marched with 3 million Habaneros to wave to Raul
fended off many many jinteros
swam with dolphins
ripped the ass out of my jeans twice
spent an eavening in a cuban music house
and almost got a tattoo

I'm ready to come home..

No comments: