I found these doors yesterday. I was walking and I wondered if I would see them again. My heart jumped to see them. I feel as though I love these doors. I met the family behind the closed one. I told them of how I took the photo before and blew it up. I told them of how it hangs framed in my life and I look at it often and how I love the door and the mysteriousness of the darkness beyond the one. (Ok. Well maybe I didn't say all of that, but I'm sure my eyes did.) I took their photo sitting on the stoop. They gave me the address and I promised to send them the photo.
Havana is peacful and chaotic. Sleepy and full of spice. My Casa is beautiful and they feed me the same thing every morning. 1/2 banana, pineapple, ornage, papaya, passionfruit, coffee, juice, and an omlette with cheese.
Tonight I will go to the home of a friend I have made in an old Collectivo taxi and see how the real Cuban lives. Tomorrow we will meet with some more people and we'll walk to the Plaza de Revolution for the big rally. It is the 50th anniversary of the Cuban worker. (I think).
xoJill
Thursday, April 30, 2009
portal to another world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
damn you're cool.
Post a Comment