Monday, February 23, 2009

it was worth the wait

Michael and I were wandering around the fancy market we never go to unless we're looking for rare red cow Parmesan, raw milk Stilton and bottled water with Swarovski crystals embedded in the bottles as a logo design when I stumbled upon a funny looking thing.

Since I was somewhat overwhelmed by gold dusted chocolate bars and ostrich eggs sold only a few feet from one another, I made note of the name and fled- without one.

Later.. in an equally rare visit to the fancy celluloid drugstore, and while perusing the aisles of Bernardo Bertolucci films while having menacing thoughts towards film snobs, I overheard an unusual conversation..

It's dense and firm, like it has no pulp.
There are these fingers that grow out of it.
Ya, I don't know. Fingers. I can't think of any other way to describe them.


I leaned around the corner and said.. you're talking about Buddha's Hands aren't you?



2 comments:

Catherine said...

My gawd, if you don't publish your creative writing, I'm going to steel your writing and publish it for you. You are a brilliant creative writer!

Mom said...

Tell me you would never eat raw milk cheese!! Who knows what kind of bacteria it harbors.