January
I covered my left arm in a tattoo. It all went a bit haywire for a bit, but got sorted.
I discovered Gypsy Punk and Gogol Bordello
Made a new year's resolution to do one creative thing a month- and then promptly forgot.
Went to Langley and scored a brilliant vintage quilt for 50 bucks
February
Visited Portland and my long absent Father. As the years drift apart- so do we.
I went to Tokyo for a week. Konichiwa.
March
I recovered from Tokyo.
I wrote a 100 things I would like to do before I die.
I officially aged 1 year older towards that so I made a list of 37 things that made me happy.
April
I dealt with an "unfortunate tattoo incident".
I took a bunch of photos
I booked a ticket to Cuba
May
I went to Toronto and saw a dear old friend.
I got all Communist Revolutionary and traveled Cuba for 2 week.
I bought I ticket for Madonna
June
I discovered washing grains again.
I went to Scottsdale, Arizona.
I wrote a letter to my "ill spent youth".
I tried to over a pizza in another city for a friend of mine- I failed.
The tattoo saga continued.
July
I did the Proust Questionnaire
I photographed the neighbourhood kids covered in mud. I was the evil stranger to one.
Friends answered the Proust Questionnaire.
Sold merch at Billy Idol and snapped a bunch of shots.
Michael's Sister and Family came to town.
I went to a seminar in Seattle on how to stop the most horrible thing that could happen to a girl. It helped marginally.
I went to London and met up with Heidi after a 20 year bathroom break.
I hunted cheese shops.
August
I went home to Edmonton and took my bike.
Great trail riding ensued.
I saw a lot of old & new friends. Too many to mention here.
I wrote the one poem I spit out a year.
Catpower at the Edmonton Folk fest with Tracy. Nuff said.
I still have the 5 claw strike on my calf from falling off my bike.
I saw my mom. Nuff said.
I decided I would revamp my blog. It's is still unvamped.
Bess moved to Australia.
September
I went to New York City with Michael and stayed at the Chelsea Hotel.
My mom walked the El Camino De Santiago in Spain with my aunt.
October
I wanted to vote for Obama.
I gave thanks.
Keep Calm and Carry On
I was in the same room as Madonna.
November
I posted every day.
I protested for gay rights.
I was named in a human rights complaint.
I had a root canal.
I protested the rain, but I rode in it nonetheless.
Mom, Catherine and I traveled all the way to Kilby and Maple Ridge.
We discovered baked French Toast with cream cheese, raspberries and lemon sauce.
Uncle Wiley passed away.
The Art Crawl and Synechdoche New York were my cultural fixes.
I wiped out on my bike.
December
I took a deer out on a date.
I survived
I discovered the bands: Fleet Foxes and First Aid Kit
I stayed in a brilliant B&B in Victoria.
It snowed- alot.
Michael and I drove back to Alberta.
3 comments:
A really amazing list - I have not done 1/2 as much. But - do tell - about the deer???
geez! i wish i remembered what i did last year. and it's barely over! i moved to australia in september, my love. i just moved out on you in august. boo. i miss you.
Sounds like a pretty good year! I wonder what is in store for '09
Post a Comment