Thursday, December 18, 2008

a note ed

I've been wandering and rushing around these last few months in a navy blue haze. sometimes the light breaks though for a moment of a nice cerulean blue..maybe for a moment of robin egg blue. But, generally it feels blue and dark, this cloud I find coated upon my presence in life.

This mini grief I carry around in a rose colored handbag. Do you ever feel like you had a day in your 20's when you thought.. one day it will be better..then I will be happy.. one day, it will go away and it won't matter. and then one day you woke up and you realized that you had spent 20 years waiting for whatever it was to go away so you could start something that would feel meaningful and there it was, stuck to your shoe still.

This made me kick off my shoes and feel sunshine again.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

stunning....they look like kids....beautiful voices.

Mom said...

Very insightful description - I know what you mean - I have learned many times that life is not big events - it is little ordinary day to day things like a 2 day road trip with your kids.