So.. in no particular order, thanks for:
- Parents that were/are pretty decent human beings who made sure I had a clean bed, breakfast lunch and dinner and new clothes and school supplies every Sept.
- Family of amazing character on both sides behind them.
- A farm in my childhood.
- my beloved maternal grandfather. I've missed you terribly for 33 years.
- family pet cats. Duchess and Ming
- My maternal grandmother who taught me to bake bread, crotchet, knit, embroider, sew and raised my lovely mother- among other things
- My mother who always maintained it was better to be my parent than my friend. Now she is my best friend.
- My sister who gives me pillows that say, "I'm smiling because you are my sister and laughing because there is nothing you can do about it."
- My father for giving me my intellect and stubbornness and maybe some "issues" but I'd be nowhere without them or at least not wonderful me.
- my job for it's flexibility, challenges, frustrations and opportunities
- cheese- the first time I ever felt passionate about anything
- hostels- the first time I felt really truly happy was when I lived in one for a month.
- my beautiful Michael and for the last 5 years. I always suspected love could be so effortless and simple.
- the boyfriends of the past for I see now that it isn't supposed to be a struggle.
- old blues music you make me feel calm
- white sneakers, Levi's and white t-shirt- you are my uniform
- wheat and wild roses- you are my preferred landscape
- health- without you I'd be sick and sick sucks
- clinical depression- you taught me to be less hard on myself and to try and eat my greens. I love how you slink around in the background waiting to pounce again. You're so playful in your darkness, you funny thing you.
- Jon Penner, Sandy Smith, Rob Grant, Sue Foley- you 4 made up some of the best times in my 20's. They were roaring thanks to you.
- photography- I always wanted to draw or paint pictures. Thanks for filling in the blanks,
- mashed potatoes, butter and gravy.
- art nouveau
- Cuba- I loved you
- Scotland- you're hot
- my cool landlord's who care more about a community in the house than making a buck
- Ruby- the playful white cat that sleeps in the nook of my arm at night
- bird song and prancing squirrels
- bike riding
- friends in Edmonton- Tracy, Vince, Evan, Alf, everyone- you make coming home worth it
- friends in far away places- Bess, Heidi, Tim- you make getting out of dodge a possibility
- my blog. you need a revamp but without you, where would all this stuff go???
2 comments:
where would it all go, indeed?
there's plenty to be happy about and i'm glad you have lots of it.
They say that being thankful is the secret to happiness.
Post a Comment