Sunday, June 1, 2008

I used to love these 20 years ago

Washing Grains from the Body Shop.

I adored them. The little cardboard tube with spice container top to shake them out. The little paste in my palm and the smooth soft effect left on my face and the soaplessness of it all.

Walking down Burrard yesterday, the "competition" had a big window display of rice washing grains. I went in. After inquiring about animal testing policies and useless ingredients I returned to my first love and bought a container or beloved washing grains. The instructions are to apply to a damp face and use circular motions. This lovely fine dust smells very slightly of lemons and sort of creams when it hits water. The result after 2 days is by skin is luminous and my pours are tighter and oddly my skin looks youthful.

Is it the washing grains or my memory?



If my favorite cosmetic company made these I would not have strayed, but what's a girl to do? But now I search the internet in hopes of making my own because at $32 a container- this love affair is doomed.

2 comments:

Mom said...

20 years ago you were way too young to be exfoliating and your skin is still young. All is relative. But maybe I should get some.

canucktraveler said...

I love L'Occitane, I buy all their soaps, body lotion, body wash and shower oil. It is natural and very delicate on the skin one of the few products that does not irritate.