Monday, May 21, 2007

The bus has really been getting to me.


Me: Hi Mom. I bought a bike (the one pictured!!) with the inheritance you gave me.

Mom: Did you buy a helmet too?

Yes I did. And a lock, and a set of fenders and a bike rack and at the end of it all, I told the man behind the counter if he through in a water bottle and holder, it was a deal. I also made the boyfriend promise that we would cycle Stanley Park regularly this summer.

All this is just in time for the Bike to Work Week. Wish me luck. It's a 10km commute each way. By the way, if you can't tell, it's a Brodie Infinity and I got a sweet deal because I chose a less expensive bike and the shop agreeed to swap the parts from that bike on to the lighter and better Infinity frame. At 1/2 hr to close, I also got them to cut a deal on the fenders, rack, and helmet. They threw in a water bottle and holder for free.

PS Mom: I love the color.
PPS: Brodie Bikes were created in Vancouver. Gotta support the local shops, right?
PPPS A Certain Jane: I get the bike on Saturday May 25 and bike to work week starts on Monday the 28.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. What kind of a bike is it? Gee, my bike is stuck in Vancouver, I could have lent it to you. But maybe it is better to get a bike that fits your own height. Miss you, C.

sonia said...

Nice bike, Jill.

10km each way? Great exercise - screw the gym pass!

Ride safe - people in cars can be idiots.

oxo

christine said...

Love your new bike and good luck on your new commuting routine!

You sure know how to sweet talk 'em!

Mom said...

Very very nice - but the color dosn't look like you - are you going to paint it?? Too bad we arn't all in the same place so we could go riding together.

daisies said...

wonderful bike : )

i am biking to work as well though i am a lot closer so its not nearly worth bragging about ~ wow 10k .. that's awesome really :)

a certain jane said...

I hope the bike riding is going okay....no entries since the start of bike to work week....